Tuesday, November 18, 2008

introduction of a muse

i think most folks can relate when i say i have certain people i watch for on my morning walks. they provide comfort in familiarity, but also entertainment, because in case you didn't know there are a few eccentrics in san francisco. by 'eccentric' i mean it in the most admirable way possible. one of my favorite characters, and one whom i've seen for years, is equal parts nancy sintatra and betsey johnson. she normally wears bright pink coats, tops, full skirts, hats, scarves, with the occasional red thrown in. unfortunately i don't see her every day, more like once or twice a month, and when i do, i either don't have my camera or she's too far away for me to chase down. today luck was on my side, and for the first time in probably 2 years of sightings, i introduced myself to francesca. she was very sweet and gracious enough to let me snap her picture. in fact, she said sure, and in seconds had thrown down her bags (she normally carries like 10), and struck a pose:
collection of pieces inspired by outfits i've seen...1. hat, topshop 2. necklace, forever21 3. jacket, see by chloe 4. bootie, topshop 5. coat, pucci 6. purse, paurice sweeney 7. sweater, 3.1 philip lim 8. dress, temperley 9. sandal, topshop 10. sweater, sonia rykiel 11. purse, chloe *all bangles and ring by forever21

No comments: