Friday, November 21, 2008

faring poorly friday

i am home sick today, not fun as i am already bored. my body just isnt used to sleeping in and refuses to rest any longer. so i am going to plop myself on the couch and watch a few old movies. staying home sick from school as a kid meant momma (grandma) would come to take care of me and we would watch the AMC channel and eat popsicles. she loved old movies and taught me all the actors and actresses. she also gave me her old film star scrapbook, which she had filled with signed photos from her favorites. i miss her terribly...
the book and momma (selma by name, she is seated on the far left, her sister margaret on the far right)

3 comments:

turlie said...

that's a great photo of your grandma selma...miss her!!!!! the old stars photos are amazing - especially that shot of vera ellen....love her....,SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!!....she is so young in that photo.

And one of my favorite stars Greer Garson. I always wanted to name my daughter Greer - I love that name, sadly its to close to Queer.

Orba said...

You are so fortunate to have this scrapbook.
Orba

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I loved your "Faring Poorly Friday" Auntie was so beautiful. Any do you know you look just like her with brunette hair. So beautiful....
Aunt Lorine